Tucked away in the by-lanes of Domlur service road is Woodstok - resto-cafe. A quaint little bungalow is converted to house this restaurant. Seating is cozy and comfortable and ambiance is straight out of the 70s with the best of retro music playing in the background.
It has been a while since I thoroughly enjoyed a meal the way I did at Woodstok. Everything we ordered was delicious. And the best part is their happy hours are till 9pm - a double of the cocktails and wine.
Roasted Tomato Zucchini Soup
My only grouse is that they had run out of the bun soup - oh well, next time!
Mexican cottage cheese kebabs
The quality of food is par excellence. Here is what we had.
- Roasted Tomato Zucchini Soup: Decent – typical soup.
- Chacos Nachos: Crunchy & cheesy - served with decent salsa and guacamole
- Mexican cottage cheese kebabs: Now this is something new I'd never tried. Was OK - just that I could not figure out how the cocoa powder marination added any value to the flavor.
- Cannelloni: Creamy, heavy and delicious. Their portions are pretty large; one has to keep that in mind while placing an order.
- Vegetable Pot Pie: Crisp and crumbly crust on the outside, soft, cheesy and yummy filling inside. Again - heavy and rich overall.
- Fajita: Tasted pretty similar to the nachos, but then the veggies on the sizzling platter were way too tasty to complain. And the dips of course were awesome.
- Baked strawberry Cheesecake: Just one word to describe it - YUMM!
Vegetable Pot Pie
Baked strawberry Cheesecake
Woodstok wins hands down for fantastic food, quick and courteous service and near perfection in just about everything.
I would not say the menu is priced reasonably - but when you see the quality of food, it’s worth the money spent.
PS: We were totally stuffed after this dinner ….sluggish and satiated J