Recipes

Friday, October 19, 2012

No Bake Nutella Cheesecake

A Sunday afternoon lunch at a friend's place called for some dessert! As I was feeling very lazy ( remember it was a Sunday), I wanted to make something in a jiffy with ingredients I had at hand. Thanks to my 9 year old daughter (who is addicted to nutella) I had an unopened jar and some cream cheese!

This cheesecake turned out to be a big hit! Sinfully yummy and very easy to make. Best part is that it is a no-bake cheese cake!
Ingredients:
  • Pack of 4 Marie Biscuits
  • 100gms cooking butter
  • Half cup milk
  • Half tsp Vanilla essence
  • One big jar Nutella
  • 200gms Britannia Creamcheese
  • 3tbs Drinking chocolate powder for dusting
  • A dash of Hersheys chocolate syrup for decoration
Coarsely crush the Marie biscuits (in a mixer). Add softened butter and milk and mix thoroughly. Press into a spring form pan or a flat pudding dish to form a base of about 1 inch. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
In a food processor/hand blender mix the nutella, cream cheese and vanilla essence until well incorporated. Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Before serving, dust a little drinking chocolate powder and add a dash of Hersheys chocolate sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I don't make exotic stuff usually... I suck at it. But since you said this was easy, I tried it out... for my husband's birthday. It just didn't work for me. Goes to show when seasoned cooks like you say it is easy, it doesn't mean the same as when non-cooks like me say it. I was right - some of us should stay away from any kind of exotic cooking forever.

    Also, I am not sure who this blog is intended for, but if it is for people with all kinds of abilities, you should improve on your recipe writing skills. The way this is written, it is obvious that this is for seasoned chefs and bakers - someone really used to doing all the exotic stuff. I struggled at every step of the recipe. This is just a suggestion.

    Thanks for posting the recipe though. It is depressing because I ended up doing nothing for hubby's big day (30 years), but at least, now I am certain I can never do anything like this in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous: Too bad you could not get this right...there is nothing exotic about this recipe...ingredients used are all ready to use kind of stuff, no baking involved. Just putting things together and setting it.

    I am surprised you had to struggle coz as lots of people like first time bakers, people who don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen and even folks who have never entered a kitchen before have successfully tried this.

    Also, I am not a seasoned cook or anything fancy, just a foodie who loves to experiment and satiate my taste buds, and share these experiences through my blog. Try again, it is not rocket science....you should be able to get it. All the best.

    ReplyDelete